RFX Sport Plastic Throttle Sleeve (Black) Kawasaki/Suzuki/Yamaha 4 Stroke
Sport Series Throttle Tubes
RFX Sport Series Throttle Tubes are an exact replacement part at a fraction of the cost of genuine parts. They are made from a Teflon coated Nylon Fabric which provide you with a smooth action.
- Replacement throttle tubes for all popular off road bikes.
- Uses the same cam profile as the OEM part for proper throttle control.
- Teflon coated Nylon Fabric provides smooth action.
- Will not scar bars like aluminium tubes.
- Open end design for use with aluminium hand guards if required.
- Slide the rubber boot down and disassemble the throttle housing, remove the old throttle tube taking care not to damage the throttle cables.
- Carefully remove grip from the old throttle tube if required.
- Inspect the cables and housing for excess damage or wear, clean and lube them or replace if required.
- Clean the handlebar and inspect for damage where the old throttle tube has been spinning on the bar if a ridge is present replace the handlebars.
- Slide the new throttle tube on the handlebar and lube using a penetrating lubricant preferably Maxima MPPL (do not use grease as this attracts dirt and makes the throttle stick after a short period of time).
- Re-assemble the throttle cables and housing again using some penetrating lubricant.
- Tighten the throttle housing in the correct position on the handlebars.
- Adjust the cable to the required (free play amount) of your liking.
- Rotate the handlebars to their maximum position to check proper operation of the throttle and correct cable routing, some re-adjustment of the cable may be required.
- Slide the rubber boot back over the housing.
- Cover the hole in the end of the grip with some electrical tape (To stop glue entering the throttle barrel) and apply a small amount of RFX grip glue to the outer end of the throttle tube on the outside diameter.
- Apply a small amount of RFX grip glue to the inside of the new grip and slide onto the tube.
- Twist the grip to the correct position and leave to dry.
- Apply RFX safety grip wire if needed.
- After the glue has dried again check proper operation of the throttle.
Delivery & Returns
UK mainland delivery: £7.95
Order before 3pm and your order will be delivered to UK mainland within 48 hours. We can only delivery to addresses within the UK. For more details, please read our delivery information or contact us if you have any queries.
Spend over £150.00 to qualify for FREE UK delivery on your order.